The Rob Comer Strength and Courage Merit Scholarship of Willamette Valley Youth Football & Cheer, is presented annually to a student from the Willamette Valley who consistently demonstrates outstanding sportsmanship in athletic competition. The scholarship recipient will receive free registration to this football/cheer season. Scholarship candidates should be nominated for exemplifying the following ideals and values of sportsmanship:
Honesty, Integrity, Selflessness, Kindness, Compassion, Class
While off-field activities and community service are applauded, scholarship candidates will be evaluated primarily for their approach and character in competition. Athletic performance (wins and other statistics) are not a factor.
Nominee Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a current participant in the Willamette Valley Youth Football & Cheer Program.
- Must be from a school in the Willamette Valley area.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Willamette Valley Executive Board. Before consideration, each nominee must provide the following documentation:
- A copy of latest grade report.
- A letter of recommendation from a coach, athletic director, teacher, school administrator, or fellow student attesting to the nominee’s outstanding sportsmanship.
- A personal essay from the nominee, describing why he or she should be considered for this award (no longer than one page, single spaced). All information is required for full consideration.
The board will most heavily weigh the letters of recommendation and the personal essay from the nominee. All other factors will be used to distinguish the most outstanding candidates.
Please attach Report Card, Letter of Recommendation and Essay to this completed form. These must be turned into your Association on or before July 1st.